What Is the NFPA™?
The NFPA™ is a nonprofit organization that establishes standards for fire safety for businesses and homes around the world. It comprises 250 technical committees and is dedicated to preventing injuries, deaths and property losses caused by fires and electrical hazards. Our team at Healthcare Life Safety Services has the knowledge and experience needed to help you meet all applicable standards set forth by the NFPA™. We perform a thorough inspection of your facility’s mechanical systems, building blueprints, fire safety equipment and Life Safety™ plans, including barrier drawings and required documentation. Our team will go the extra mile to ensure that you receive the help you need in advance of your accreditation survey.
What We Inspect
Healthcare Life Safety Services will examine all aspects of your facility’s operations with a special emphasis on fire safety and fire preparedness. Some of the most important items we check include the following:
- Medical Gas
- Means of egress issues, including capacity, location and arrangement
- Areas of refuge
- Travel distances to exit your facility
- Fire doors and compartments
- Fire and smoke ratings for walls and doors
- Fire alarm pull boxes
- Fire extinguishers and hose racks
- Required evacuation route and elevator signage
- Smoke and thermal detection systems
- Emergency lighting
- Control systems for medical gases
- Fire suppression equipment, including sprinkler shut-off valves
- Water flow detection equipment
- HVAC equipment, including air handlers, exhaust and return fans and thermostats
- Electrical circuit breaker panels and emergency power receptacles
- Plumbing equipment, including drainage, backflow preventers and water pumps
Our comprehensive approach to inspecting your facility will provide you with greater peace of mind both about the upcoming accreditation survey and about the general operational status of your healthcare facility. This will allow you to serve your patients more effectively and with less stress for you and your staff members.
At Healthcare Life Safety Services, we work with you to determine the best course of action for your upcoming facility check or accreditation survey. Our team has many years of experience in inspecting and evaluating healthcare facilities and in providing reliable recommendations for remedying issues that we find. Call us today to set up an appointment with our team. We look forward to the chance to serve you.